Allied: / players points
Soviet: / players points
IRC: 14 active user(s) (in the past 5 minutes)
Catalyst, M1Garand8, Westy543, Pyryle, Y2K, Furril, Honeycrisp, Kazmo, Romanov, Sir_Kane, Vex, danpaul88, kastein, psych787NX,
Recent YouTube Videos
Vote to kick someone
Who do you think is more powerful right now? GDI or Nod?
TexturesMoon Made of Cheese
TEXTURING 2nd attempt
APB Dev. Blog :: February 23rd, 2014
The latest update for Red Alert 2 Apocalypse Rising has been posted! In this update we have a video for Fort Bradley, some new naval units, the results of the Reinforcement Bay Competition and more!
Head on over here to check out what's new!
Those of you with a keen eye will have noticed that the forums have had a bit of a shuffle around! This should hopefully lead us all towards a forum that is easier to navigate and use in general!
Here's a list of the changes that have occurred!
I'll talk you guys through the changes:
Bluehell Productions News
- Dev blogs have been put into the same category as General News because it's technically all news.
- Category name changed to Bluehell Productions News.
- Dev blogs put into subcategories because they take up a lot of screen space.
- Name changed from Main Discussion to Game Discussion
- Category moved up the list so that it's easier to find.
- New forum section!: Help & Support! If you have a problem playing or getting the game to run, tell us!
Game Server Information
- Game server stuff has now been lumped together in one massive category which is the goto place for all things server-related. Server status, server discussion, server rules etc. etc.
- Rules sub-category created to give you guys quick and clear access to threads pertaining to server rules and other info.
- Server status sub-category lists all of the statuses of the current servers!
- A link to Steel Guardians has been put on the forum so that players with issues pertaining to their server can easily be linked there.
- Category name changed to Everything Else.
- Off-Topic moved to the top of the list.
- Game Replays moved under Command & Conquer
We all hope that you enjoy these new changes!
A small hotfix is going live on the launcher and the servers to address the following issues;
- TS_Crossroads: Replaced Nod Harvester with new style AI logic
- Veterancy icons are now hidden when a unit is stealthed or in a vehicle
- Fixed a few bugs with the veterancy code (double weapons, promoted on starting map)
The 1.1.1 patch is now available on the BHP Launcher. This patch is focused on balance improvements and fixes for the veterancy logic introduced in version 1.1.
Elite Cadre: Added elite variant of grenade launcher weapon with a "timed explosion" grenade secondary fire
Mutant Hijacker: Fixed elite weapon and made UZI the default weapon when purchased
Engineer (both): Fixed elite perk (repairing vehicles whilst driving)
Medic: Toned down self-healing at all veterancy levels
Cyborg Commando: Reworked elite weapon to have the flamethrower as a secondary fire
Base: Increased veterancy points earned for attacking and repairing buildings
Artillery: Changed armour profile from "Heavy" to "Medium"
Tick Tank: Changed armour profile from "Medium" to "Heavy" and increased health and armour
Tick Tank: Now does the same damage deployed and undeployed, instead gains extra range and a faster RoF when deployed
Tick Tank & Titan: Retuned weapon ranges (Tick < Titan < Deployed Tick)
Titan: Reduced damage slightly
Attack Bike: Increased weapon damage and the squish velocity (speed required to run infantry over)
HMRLS & Orca: Retuned the warhead to be tougher on vehicles, less effective vs infantry
Orca: Reduced explosion damage
Banshee: Increased attack damage, projectile turning radius and ammo capacity
Cyborg Reaper: Now has the Cyborg armour type and is thus vulnerable to sniper weaponry
TS_Seclusion: New name for TS_Mutation
Elite Cadre: Removed Q to switch system, you just get two weapons now
Devils Tongue: Increased turning speed
Harvesters (AI): Now tougher to kill and worth no points for attacking to prevent point whoring
Ghoststalker: Changed the radar blip type to "Objective" to match Cyborg Commando
Repair Depot: Removed the "press . to repair" - repairs are automatic now (if you can afford it)
While we're definitely a pack of lazy layabouts from time to time, we've actually been working on a lot of changes that we had been talking about last year, including the return of naval maps, infantry and tank changes, that sort of thing. I've posted some fresh words about infantry, vehicles, and radar in our APB dev blog section. Have a read of it! Spoiler alert, snipers are back.
Next week will have pictures and some video for you as well, because we have some new sights and sounds you'll probably like.
As you may know the sg server had some SFPS issues.
This is one of the reasons we upgraded to a dedicated server.
The server move will happen around 22GMT and the server will be down.
The downtime depends on how long it takes to update the server and the time it takes to move the server files.
To celebrate the new server we are going to do a new throwback event. The 1.2.0 throwback server will be running 1.2.0 with scripts 4.0 and the event will start on the first of February.
I hope I have Informed everybody early enough about the downtime.
If you have any questions please post them here.
Posted by Catalyst - Dec 30 2013 09:55 AM
I Am currently in the process of re-ordering and organizing the game-server hierarchy,
they will be offline for the next hour or 2.
The new blog and veteran patch are now live! The blog features the new patch notes, map updates, veterancy details and more!
Be sure to check it out here!
Posted by One Winged Angel - Dec 05 2013 06:43 AM
You heard it right! The Apocalypse Rising Reinforcement Bay design competion deadline has been moved forward two weeks to account for people who may need more time to get their entries in!
The deadline is now the 16th of December 2013!
Here are some details:
Apocalypse Rising Competition Time!
So, we've been having a big think recently and have decided to deviate from Red Alert 2 just a tiny bit. Don't worry though! It's a move that is sure to make the game a lot more fun!
We want to add a new structure for each faction, but we need you (the community) to design it for us! If you can't make 3d models, then don't worry! You can still submit 2d drawings/images for your entry to the competition!
So what do we need you guys to design? Well, he's an explanation of what we're looking for.
One thing that we have observed through playing games of Renegade, APB and TSR is the fact that the gameplay slows down and becomes less enjoyable when ingame structures are lost. For example, losing your War Factory and Helipad on Ridgewar in APB after the first enemy rush can make it pretty hard to come back from; not to mention the fact that you have to walk everywhere due to the lack of vehicles.
Another example, although not as extreme, would be on TSR's Grand Canyon map. Losing a War Factory on that map can mean for some painfully long walks across the battlefield with little-to-no infantry cover.
So what do we intend to implement? The short answer is; a dedicated structure to provide reinforcement units that can be purchased at a higher price than normal once the War Factory or Barracks has been destroyed. It will function kind of like the Starport from the Dune RTS games. We call it the 'Reinforcement Bay'.
List of gameplay features:
List of design requirements:
- The reinforcement bay is an indestructible structure featured on all C&C-mode maps.
- Players can use it as a secondary War Factory queue at no extra cost whilst the War Factory is still functional.
- If the War Factory is destroyed, players will be able to continue buying basic vehicles from the Reinforcement Bay at an increased price.
- These vehicles will be air-dropped via parachute (a bit like the Nod Airstrip in Renegade).
- If the Barracks is destroyed, you can buy basic soldier kits from the Reinforcement Bay at an increased price.
- When the Refinery is destroyed, the Reinforcement Bay will begin producing credits every once in a while (Think of the USA Supply Drop Zone from Generals). The credits will be para-dropped in and give every member of the team a fixed amount; although it won't be as regular as a Refinery dump.
- The Reinforcement Bay will constantly spawn Supply Trucks (maximum of: 3), this will allow players access to transport even when they don't have any cash.
- A minimum of 1 room(s) is/are required to allow players to spawn at the Reinforcement Bay and purchase items.
- The Reinforcement Bay must have a Helipad/Drop Zone that is large enough for vehicles to land and drive off of.
- The Reinforcement Bay needs to have a garage that will allow Supply Trucks to spawn and drive out.
Here is a simple model that we threw together to show you guys the type of thing we are looking for (in case you wanted a visual idea). Notice the air pad, the supply truck garage and basic hut-type structure.
May the best design(s) win! Good luck everyone!
- You may enter as many times as you like! So if you want to do an Allied Reinforcement bay and a Soviet one, you can!
- Your entry must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, PM'd to One Winged Angel or posted in the competition thread!
- This competition will close on the 1st of December! This gives you all one month to design your structure(s)!
- The winner will get their structure(s) modelled and put in-game as the official designs for the Reinforcement Bay!
Head here to enter!: https://www.bluehell...showtopic=27273